Estate Planning and Trusts
A Law Firm You Can Trust
with the Future of Your Family
Estate Planning and Trusts
Helping Families Retain Control Of Their Estates
You have spent a lifetime accumulating assets that you intend to pass on to your loved ones. To protect your legacy and distribute your assets according to your wishes, you must have a comprehensive estate plan often including a trust .
At Meinzer Law Firm, we understand that this is a sensitive topic that can often be stressful to address. Rest assured that our compassionate and experienced team will help you through each stage of the estate planning process. In each case, we work diligently to help ensure you have the information you need to make informed choices.
An estate plan, when executed correctly, can address the following concerns, as well as many others:
- Prevent confusion or future infighting between relatives/heirs concerning the division of your property and assets.
- Allow surviving family members to execute your wishes regarding the distribution of your assets.
- Provide for management of your finances and medical care if you become incapacitated.
- Secure your minor children’s future by naming a guardian to care for them.
- Improve the quality of life of a loved one who receives government benefits by establishing a special needs trust.
However, to realize these benefits, it is essential to enlist the services of an experienced attorney with extensive knowledge of the estate planning process.
Elements Of An Effective Estate Plan
We have hands-on experience with helping clients draft executable estate plans that include the following critical documents:
- Will: Assists with items such as the distribution of your estate at the time of your death and can provide for the care for surviving children.
- Trust: Designates an individual to administer distribution of your assets. This document is essential to helping your beneficiaries avoid the painful probate process in California after your death. It also is essential for ensuring that someone you trust manages your assets for your benefit if you become incapacitated.
- Powers of attorney (POA): Allows you to name an individual to act on your behalf to manage your personal, financial or health matters in your best interests.
Benefits Of Having An Experienced Law Firm In Your Corner
Schedule a consultation today and realize the following benefits of working with an experienced lawyer to set up your estate plan:
- Ensure your plan is feasible and thorough: Attain peace of mind knowing your plan has undergone a thorough legal review and complies with all applicable laws.
- Learn the full range of available options: Discover all of the options that can be incorporated into your estate plan such as the distribution of your assets, preservation of public benefits assistance, care for minor children, and decisions regarding your finances and medical care.
- Spare your family the stress of probate: Eliminate family infighting and help ensure that your loved ones can expeditiously carry out your final wishes after your passing.
Ultimately, when we draft a clear and executable estate plan, it will contain straight-forward unambiguous instructions. This will help ensure your family members do not need to endure the lengthy probate process.
At Meinzer Law Firm, in Torrance, we are here, now, to take your call and arrange a consultation. Let us help guide you through the complexities of the estate planning process. We will advise you on all of your available options and, together, we can establish a plan customized to your unique needs.
Experienced Guidance To Help Clients Make The Right Choices
Do not delay the creation of these critical documents. We will lay out all options to help protect your legacy and your family. Do not risk putting your family through the pain of the lengthy probate process. Call us today in Torrance at 310-375-3350 or go online and send an email to set up a consultation with an experienced lawyer.